Troubleshooting Sound and Video
Audio and video errors may be due to your system settings.
Check Chrome browser settings
- Log in to InSpace and click the small lock icon to the left of your URL. This will open up your connection settings. Make sure that you have selected “Allow” beside the camera and microphone.
- Log in to InSpace and click to join a space. Click the small video icon to the right of your URL. This will open up the camera and microphone permissions. Select “Continue allowing https://app.inspace.chat to access your camera and microphone.”
- Check your microphone and camera default settings by opening Chrome settings.
Update Chrome browser
Make sure that your Chrome browser is updated to the latest version. Please view instructions for updating Chrome from the Google help center.
Check Windows sound settings (Windows users only)
Check your sound settings by typing “sound settings” in the search bar in your Windows settings. Make sure your sound output and input devices are set correctly.
Check Internet connection
Please refresh your browser page and open the InSpace session again.
Disable browser extensions
If you have AdBlockers, extensions, or a firewall installed on your computer, please turn them off and join InSpace again.
Check audio source
If you have headphones or another audio source plugged in, unplug the source and plug back into your computer.
If you are running ‘Incognito Mode’ on your browser, please open ‘Incognito Mode‘ on your browser and copy/paste the InSpace session link to the URL search bar.
Additional video platforms
If you are running any other video platforms such as Netflix, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Google Hangouts, please close those platforms during your InSpace session as that can affect connectivity and bandwidth.
Check video and audio performance on other platforms
If you have other video platforms installed on your computer such as Zoom or Google Meets, please open them and test your video and audio on those platforms.
Run an InSpace Diagnostics Test
On the Join Screen, select Run System Test, or while in a session, click the Help icon in the top-right toolbar, then select Run system tests.
Inspect the InSpace page session
- Log in to an InSpace session, then right-click and select ‘Inspect’ from the dropdown menu.
- Click the “Console” tab on the top bar of the pop-out screen.
- If you have any errors showing here, please send a screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can resolve the issue.
If you need additional help, please contact InSpace Support.