Screen Sharing Issues – Flickering or Black Screen
If you are experiencing a flickering or black screen when screen sharing during an InSpace session, there are several solutions to try to fix the issue.
There may be several reasons you are experiencing this issue:
- Problems with your connection or for the person sharing their screen
- Hardware Acceleration option in your browser
We recommend taking the following steps to resolve the issue:
- For connection issues, we recommend that you (or the user sharing their screen), turn of their VPN if they are using one. Another step to take is repositioning one’s workspace to be closer to the Wi-Fi router. If the Wi-Fi router is obstructed or far away, this can interfere with the connection. If connection issues continue, connecting to the router with a patch cord or ethernet cable can also help.
- To adjust the Hardware Acceleration in your browser, follow these steps:
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Open your browser settings.
- Scroll down and clicked “Advanced”.
- Scroll to the “System” section, and find the “Use hardware acceleration when available” setting.
- Toggle the switch and then click “Relaunch” to apply the changes.
If you need additional help, please contact InSpace Support.