Offering assistance allows any InSpace user to be directly linked to a fellow participant for assistance if they so choose.
This feature allows two users to be connected to one another during an InSpace session, which enables them to share audio and to move around the screen together. The assistance feature can be especially supportive for those with accessibility needs by providing guidance in navigating the InSpace environment.
To access this feature, users must be already logged into a space. Only the Host, and participants involved with offering and/or receiving assistance will be able to see this feature on their circles.
Follow these steps:
- Click the ‘Attendee List’ icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. This opens a list of all users in your session.
- Find the user you would like to be paired with and click the 3 dots to the right of the person’s name.
- Select “offer assistance” from the dropdown menu.
- The system will send a notification to the user to either accept or dismiss. If they accept, the helper and the user who has accepted assistance will be linked together as they move around the space.
- When the assistance feature is in use, the user receiving assistance will have a profile picture on their video screen and the helper will have a linked circle icon on their video screen. Hovering over the linked circle icon will show the helper’s name.
- To disconnect the assistance feature, click on the attendee list, find your helper, click the 3 dots to the right of the person’s name and select “cancel assistance” from the dropdown menu.
If you need additional help, please contact InSpace Support.