Live captioning is an accessibility feature of InSpace which allows you to assign an individual to provide live transcription during an InSpace session.
The live captioning feature is available only to the host or co-hosts of an InSpace session. InSpace hosts can assign any attendee of a session to type captions by following these steps:
- Open the attendee list by clicking on the attendee icon in the toolbar on the bottom of your screen
- Find the user you want to assign and click the 3 dots to the right of their name
- Choose “Assign to type captions” from the dropdown menu
- The user will receive a notification that the host has assigned them to type captions. The user can start typing captions by clicking on “Start Typing.”
How to live caption a streaming event:
- After the host assigns a user to type captions, the assignee will view a Stream Text button in their captioning window.
- The assignee can paste the StreamText link, and the captioning will be written automatically.
Note that you will have to create a free Stream Text account to access this feature. Once you do, you can create an event on your StreamText dashboard, which will provide you with a link. You can then use that link during the InSpace session if you are assigned to do live captioning.
If you need additional help, please contact InSpace Support.