InSpace in Blackboard – Faculty Information
Are you a faculty member using InSpace in your Blackboard course? These resources will help you to find and activate InSpace in Blackboard.
When faculty activate InSpace in a Blackboard course, enrolled students automatically have access to the private and secure InSpace sessions associated with that course.
To activate InSpace in your Blackboard course, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Blackboard course site
- Make sure Edit mode is on.
- Add Tool Link. Label the tool InSpace, then use the Type tool dropdown. When the InSpace integration is complete, you’ll be able to choose InSpace from the dropdown menu.
- Click Submit.
- Click on the InSpace link that appears in the Blackboard sidebar.
- Click “Get Started” (this is only necessary the first time).
- Choose either “Classroom” or “Office” and then click “Join” to enter the session.
After you activate InSpace in your Blackboard course, students can access the InSpace Office and Classroom by clicking the InSpace link in the Course Navigation menu of their Blackboard course site. You can also customize your Office by clicking “Edit” in the top right corner of the Blackboard InSpace portal.
Note: the InSpace Classroom and Office associated with the Blackboard course will open in a new tab on your browser. You can navigate back to your Blackboard course at any time by clicking the Blackboard tab.
Before using InSpace for the first time in Blackboard , please review the Checklist for Newcomers.
If you need additional support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will help you get this set up!
If you need additional help, please contact InSpace Support.